Monday, June 27, 2011

Paging My Inner Richard Simmons...


            “One and two! Two and three! Three…and Come On…You Can DO IT!”  Those would be the encouraging words of the crazy motivational trainer Richard Simmons…yes, the one with the afro!  Clad in ridiculously tiny, printed nylon shorts and a shrunken tank top, he has led countless people to pure physical perfection.  If you have never seen one of his workout sessions in progress…please do me a favor and head on over to YouTube to watch a workout immediately.  I can promise you that you will laugh for at least a solid ten minutes.
            Now you might be wondering why I am telling you about this over-the-top trainer…I have a reason I swear!  Today marks the beginning of Bridal Boot Camp for the Cocroft & Delbridge team.  Over the next thirteen weeks we will be attempting our very own Richard Simmons-like exercise program…after all, you want to look your very best at a wedding!  As the bride, I have obviously had moments where I have an ice cream sundae sitting in front of me contemplating whether this treat will push me over the edge into ‘I am so not going to fit into my wedding gown’ territory!  In order to avoid any further dilemmas/acid reflux problems…the C&D team has committed to working out at least three days a week for the period of one hour!  This may not sound like much but with a wedding in a little over three months and running a company…three days a week is quite the task.  Don’t worry though…we are determined!  We even made a cheesy chart, complete with encouraging stickers! 
            So over the next few months, I will be sure to keep you updated on our progress and what will most definitely be success!  Until next time…go watch a Simmons video…you won’t regret it. 

The fitness guru himself...Via TMZ


No comments:

Post a Comment