Monday, July 18, 2011

Cruel Intentions


            Hi everyone!  I hope that none of you have been hit with an awful case of the Mondays and that you are all enjoying the start of your week!  Ok…today’s topic has made me so ticked that I can’t even create an effective transition for you…so I apologize.  I just have to get started…over the weekend I sat down on the couch to enjoy some quality ‘brainless’ television with both my mom and little sister.  After tons of channel surfing, we finally decided on TLC’s new show ‘Say Yes to the Dress-Bridesmaids’.  This was the first time that I had ever seen the show and I was actually quite excited because I love the original series…there is just something so entertaining about panicked brides looking for the dress of their dreams (that might be mean…I am not too sure).
            After we finished the first episode, I sat there in utter astonishment.  Someone had replaced what should have been the supportive bridesmaids with crazy bloodthirsty women.  These girls were AWFUL…they hardcore insulted the other’s figures, made fun of dress selections, and made it pretty stinkin’ apparent that they couldn’t care less about what the bride wanted for her own wedding day.  I am pretty sure that one of the ladies was actually possessed by some sort of demon because she had the audacity to call the bride a witch with a ‘b’ right in front of everyone!  Thankfully all of my bridesmaids have been super awesome and none of these horrific scenes have unfolded.  I just don’t understand how these brides deal with the abuse!   I am definitely not a violent person but I am pretty sure I would have had to punch someone in the face the second I was cursed at by a friend in the middle of a bridal salon.  What are your thoughts on this?!  Are the days done of supportive girlfriends standing by their beloved friend’s side while they make one of the most important decisions of their life?
            I don’t know about you, but I am totally prepared to don shiny lilac taffeta if one of my girls wants that for her wedding.  Ugh…please just tell me that you would do the same!  Until next time…I will be calling all of my bridesmaids to tell them just how much I love them!   

Bridesmaids The Movie...If you haven't see this it is hysterical!

Bridesmaids The Movie

They look sweet...but don't let that fool you!

Revenge of the Bridesmaids

            

No comments:

Post a Comment