Wednesday, July 13, 2011

It's All In The Hips...Or Waist


            Wahoo!  It is finally Wednesday…we have made it halfway through the week and are that much closer to the relaxation of the weekend!  Now, I know that I have been mainly blogging about wedding related topics lately…I blame it on getting married in 87 days (which is so surreal!)…but today’s topic relates to both brides and single ladies!  All the single ladies, all the single ladies…I am sorry but I just felt like that had to be done.  My solo is over now…I swear.
            On one of the very first dates with my fiancé, naturally I proudly planned my outfit…attempting to be as impressive as possible.  After he picked me up, I noticed that he was oddly glancing at my waist…he finally mustered the courage and asked, “Why on Earth do you have a belt there?!”  I had absolutely no idea what he was referring to.  After thinking for a moment, I realized that he was asking about the belt I had around my natural waist to show off the thinnest part of my body.  Being a college student majoring in fashion merchandising at the time, I simply replied, “Obviously it is a cinching belt.”  Let’s just say that he responded with a massive bout of laughter and the belt topic was over.  Nearly a year and a half later…he compliments my waist minimizing techniques in a half-serious/half-joking way….I like to think that I won that debate.  
            Despite what my extremely ‘fashion forward’ fiancé thinks (I love you darling.)…one of the hottest trends is belting your natural waist.  I have included some awesome pictures of both brides and every day women working this style in the most fantastic ways.  For those of you planning your nuptials, wedding gowns paired with detailed sashes are all over the runway.  This is a super easy way to be a bit non-traditional on your big day and to express your personal style.  Don’t be afraid to express yourself!  What are some of the ways that you incorporate this stylish accessory into your wardrobe?  We would love to hear about them!  Until next time my little fashionistas….    

P.S.- For today’s shameless plug…Cocroft & Delbridge creates some totally fabulous belts and sashes…check out the web site for more information…www.cocroftanddelbridge.com! 

BCBG Max Azria Dress

I just adore this bright, punchy shade of orange!

Claudia Schiffer via HarpersBazaar.com

Annalynne McCord

Mary-Kate Olsen via RedCarpetBandit.com

I think that she is just so incredibly chic. 

Gown by Lazaro 

Gown by Watters 

Gown by Tara Keely 

No comments:

Post a Comment