Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I Am The Bride...I Guess I Decide...Edition Three


            Hi boys and girls…I certainly hope that you aren’t melting in this scorching heat!  For the sake of my readers, I am attempting to stay cool…I fully blame you all for the venti frappuccinos at Starbucks…so thanks.  Moving on, let’s get down to the business of the day…my swiftly approaching wedding.
            Erik and I will be tying the knot in 80 days…just 80 days…or 2 months, 2 weeks, and 4 days!  I seriously can’t even believe it!  Wahoo!  Here is the thing though…we have so much to do!  Let me tell you, when we first got engaged I had no idea that there were so many details involved in planning a wedding.  It is just crazy…you have to decide if you want a formal or informal cake cutting, to personalize your napkins or not to personalize your napkins, to wear a statement necklace or a simple pendant…it never ends!  While I slightly feel like I am drowning in a sea of taffeta and cakes, I wouldn’t trade it for anything.  It is the most wonderful craziness in the world and I highly recommend it!
            However, one thing that I have learned this past year while planning my own nuptials is the sheer importance of taking a step back from all of the chaos.  Whether that means going on a nice romantic date with your fiancé or treating yourself to a spa day…you need to take a break.  Now I understand how difficult it can be to hit the pause button on planning your big day…you have to pick the proper color of table linens this very instant…bull snot…it can wait a few hours or even a whole day!  Trust me, you definitely will not regret focusing on something else to put your mind at ease.  So ladies, take a stand and pour yourself a bubble bath!  Until next time…breathe in that aromatherapy.          

Via RougeInk


Go From Crazed Bride to Chilled Out Bride! 

Via The Aussie Bride

               

No comments:

Post a Comment